Conference 'Concepts in the World: Politics, Knowledge, and Time'
Thursday, 21 September, 2017 (All day) to Saturday, 23 September, 2017 (All day)
University of Oslo
- Frederic C. Schaffer, professor of political science at University of Massachusetts, who studies the meaning of democracy, voting and elections with a focus on language, including on Senegal and the bilingual relationship between Wolof and French.
- Avner Wishnitzer, cultural historian of Ottoman history at Tel Aviv University who recently published the book Reading Clocks Alla Turca: Time and Society in the Late Ottoman Empire.
- Banu Subramaniam, professor of women, gender and sexuality studies at University of Massachusetts, who has published both on Orientalism and the history of biology.
- September 21: Litteraturhuset, close to the Palace Park and Nationaltheateret.
- September 22-23: The Georg Sverdrup building at campus Blindern, UiO.
Directions to the venues here.
The 20th International Conference on Conceptual History will be hosted at the University of Oslo in September 2017.